New Student Application for Cathedral
The Application Process:
1) Make an appointment with Mario Vazquez, Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a day for the prospective student to take our placement exam.
a) NOTE: The Placement Exam is NOT an admissions exam. We do not accept or reject students based on their scores. Cathedral is a Diocesan school in the Lasallian tradition that prepares its students for success in college and holds a 100% college acceptance rate. From the moment they take the placement exam we are working to get a better future for the boys who enter our school. The exam is simply used to help us better understand each student’s current academic levels.
2) Optional: Schedule a day for you and your son to tour the school and have him spend a day shadowing one of our current students.
3) Provide Mr. Vazquez with all pertinent contact information so he can keep you up to date with the Application, Enrollment and scholarship/financial aid information.
b. Phone Number
c. Physical address
We are implementing an Online Application and Enrollment process that will expedite the matriculation of our students and their families. The Online Application link is now available; please find the process of how to begin below:
1)Our Online Application for Admission is now available – please use the following link to apply to Cathedral High School: https://ctd-tx.client.renweb.com/oa/?memberid=1910
2) Within two weeks of submitting an application for admission you will receive, via email, a decision regarding your son's acceptance. Once your son is accepted – you will be provided for the link to the Online Enrollment process.
3) As you fill out the Online Enrollment process – you will be required to provide the following (which can be uploaded or dropped off at Cathedral HS)
a.Copy of student’s Social Security Card
b.Copy of Birth Certificate
b.Copy of Current Immunization records
d.Copy of first semester 8th Grade Report Card.
4) As you complete the Online Enrollment you will be able to log on and/or Register on FACTS. This is mandatory for all families for both registration and applying for financial aid. Link to website : https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/45PKR
5) After you enroll your son – you will need to have completed the Physical exam forms before the new school year begins.
6) If your son is transferring to Cathedral from a different high school he will need to provide a transcript of his high school grades.
7) International Students will need to contact Mrs. Mari Flores at (915) 532-3238 x 694 to complete the I-20 process. Processing and issuing an I-20 can take 30-60 days so we ask that you plan accordingly to ensure enrollment for the next school year.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call Mario Vazquez, Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator.
Ph: 915-532-3238 ext. 686